There are numerous safe and secure ways for you to give at Northwood Church. Each method allows for God's work to be completed as you demonstrate your faith and give a portion of your blessings to others.
To Give On-Line- Click Here!
Online giving is a safe, secure and convenient way to support the Ministries of Northwood Church. This secure system enables you to support the Church by making a one-time contribution or establishing a recurring contribution.
3 Simple Steps
1. Create a user id and password.
2. Provide contact and Bank, Credit Union or Credit Card information.
3. Indicate the amount, frequency (one-time or recurring) and designation for your gift.
Benefits of online giving for you and the Church
- Faithfully Honoring God - When you sign up to give online you are deciding in advance to step out in faith and commit to giving. God recognizes your commitment to His word and will bless your faith! The Bible teaches that we are to honor God with the “First Fruits” of our labor (Proverbs 3:9). By setting up a recurring contribution that is scheduled to come out of your account on the day you specify, you can ensure that your First Fruits are faithfully given back to God.
- Simplicity - You won’t have to remember whether you gave this month or send in an offering by mail when you’re on a trip out of town.
- Security – We utilize an encrypted secure website for your online records. Online giving is more secure than giving with a check or cash because an electronic gift can’t be lost or stolen.
- Focus – Instead of having to worry about writing a check and filling out an envelope during the service, you can be fully focused on the worship service, knowing that you have already given your offering.
- Helping Northwood Church – Online giving is more cost effective for our church to process, and it makes our record keeping much easier.
Financial giving at Northwood Church can generally be divided into two categories: tithes and offerings. The Bible teaches us that we worship the Lord with our tithe, which is ten percent of our income contributed to the church on a regular basis. When we feel called to give over and above our tithe, we do so as an offering.
The ministry of Northwood Church is funded by God's provision through the tithes and offerings of faithful members and attendees. At Northwood Church we honor God's provision by exercising wise and faithful stewardship, ethical business practices, and full accountability so that the financial integrity of Northwood Church remains beyond reproach.
Our mission is facilitated through our system of internal controls over financial reporting and our internal budgeting and reporting processes. Additionally, Northwood Church completes an annual financial review performed by an independent accounting firm.
Information Regarding Credit Cards
While we allow the use of credit cards for tithes and offerings, we still strongly encourage the use of electronic funds transfer rather than credit card for two primary reasons:
- Although many pay off their credit cards each month, many also do not. We do not want to encourage someone to go into debt and also pay interest on gifts given to the church. We offer the opportunity to donate by credit card as a convenience for those individuals who have requested this type transaction and who understand and manage their finances with no financial issues.
- With electronic transfer, your entire gift goes to the church. When using a credit card, as much as 3% of your gift can go to the credit card company.
At Northwood Church we use an online database called Fellowship One. Fellowship One's system allows us to provide you access to your contribution records as well as allows you the convenience to make donations online. Fellowship One provides all of the security for this system. Fellowsip One's system is used by Churches throughout the Country and has been fully tested.
There are two aspects of security related to their system. First, Fellowship One provides data security using the latest security technology. The following statement is from their security documentation; "[The System] utilizes the most current encryption technology to maintain the security of your data. Every parameter passed in the hyper links is fully encrypted. Additionally, the Log-in module handles passwords using what is known in technical terms as "salted hash". In laymen's terms, this means it would take 50 computers (running constantly) continuously presenting password combinations for 4 years just to discovery the password."
The second aspect of security relates to account creation. When you first create a new account in the system, you will be able to donate immediately, but you will not have access to any previous information to the account you created.
In order to verify the authenticity of the account request, we will ensure that all of your data matches our current records (e.g., address,phone number and e-mail address). If there is any question, we will contact you via e-mail before creating the Link. Since this is a manual process, we will perform these steps approximately once a week.
When you create your account, you will determine your own Log-in ID and password. If you forget your Log-in ID or password, you can have the system e-mail it to you by entering the e-mail address that you used when you created your account. If you need help or cannot remember the e-mail address you used, you can contact us via e-mail at email@example.com.
Online Giving Privacy Policies and your information is held securely by the Fellowship One system. This information will remain private and will never be given away to third parties, other than to process your scheduled contributions. You can schedule new contributions at any time and can modify or cancel those contributions at any time prior to the date they are scheduled. Once the contribution has been processed, however, it cannot be cancelled. If you have any problems or questions related to this, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Annual statements are mailed in late January for the prior calendar year. If you have moved recently, please contact Margie Dudley at the Church office at 843-764-2270 or you can e-mail your request. Please include your full name, former address, new address and phone number to email@example.com..